Tuesday 28 March 2017

Apart from the trauma, the girl says some residents in her neighbourhood have been making fun of her. She tells Nhyira FM's Ohemeng Tawiah that she has been contemplating suicide as an option. This means little has been done to improve the poor girl's situation since that near-death incident. The Children's Act recommends that victims like the 14-year-girl should be supported with counselling sessions and shelter. But this is absent in the Nkawkaw area. Chief Superintendent Sarfo Peprah admits the absence of probation officers and shelter to accommodate and counsel victims of sexual abuse and other crimes committed against children makes the healing process for victims very difficult. “Because we have no other alternative [shelter], they still remain where they live and just imagine the stigma and the trauma they’ve gone through. That is not the best,” he said. He has, therefore, appealed to non-governmental organisations to help provide shelter for sexually abused children. Source: Nhyira FM FacebookTwitter

The former BB Naija housemate shared this cute photo of his son, Mayson, who turns 2 today. Happy birthday to him. TTT on his IG page wrote "2years ago your mother and I welcomed you to your new place you now call home and that's our heart.... I love you Mayson and I wish you a very happy Birthday today. I am glad I am not away so I get to experience this amazing day with you (Ella I surly will make it up to you Love) it was a sad day for me 4years ago losing my elder brother#offiongetimemmanuel but your coming restored life not just to your mum and I but to your grandma as well. We love you now and always. HBD son".

No comments:

Post a Comment